Student Success Statement

"I have been asked what I mean by 'Word of honor.' I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first." - Karl G Maeser
                          
This quote means that we would have given our honor to stay in the circle. That we should have honor is that he will stick to his word , like for example say you are in house arrest you can not leave the house its up to you , you decide if you wanna keep your word . Being in house arrest mean that you can not leave the house no matter what , this is better than being in prison behind bars . But its up to you if you wanna keep your word because once you are in house arrest you made a commitment to stay in there no matter what . Another example would be school, when you kept your word that you were going to come to school everyday and not be tardy. Well that's a commitment that you made with the school to come early and not late.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pediatrician

Zoologist